Be your own skipper
You can be your own skipper and head out on a private Christmas Lights cruise driving your own pontoon or dinghy.
Cruise Mandurah's Spectacular Christmas Lights
From early December through to January the Mandurah Canal residents display a fantastic assortment of Christmas lights that offer an amazing experience to the general public.
Get your friends and family together for a truely memorable Christmas experience.
You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks along to be enjoyed.
There is a wishing well located within the canals, throw your money in and donate to the Mandurah Districts Rotary Club which then distributes the funds to local community groups.
- The hirer/driver MUST have a valid RST (Recreational Skippers Ticket / boat licence) and bring it as proof on the night of hire.
- The hirer/driver MUST bring a valid form of photographic ID (e.g. a driver’s licence) as well as the RST.
- We have two hire sessions available the first departing at 6:00PM, 6:30pm or 7pm and returning at 8:30pm and a later session departing at 8:45pm and returning at 10:15pm the minimum night hire time is 1.5 hours. The lights are best viewed after 7:30pm.
- If your hire crosses from day time hire to night time hire, you will be charged accordingly (day rate + night rate = total rate)
- There will be a BOND of $200.00 payable at time of hire.
- The dates for our night time hire are between December 1st when the lights go up to January 8th when the lights start to come down again.
- However, there will be NO night hires on Christmas Night (25th December) and New Year’s Eve (31st December). Only day time hire.
- A $200 deposit will be required to secure the booking or paid in full if under $200 and with the remaining balance to be paid one month from the date of the hire.
- There are no refunds available for any cancellations to our “night time hires”. We can offer a voucher for a day time hire with a 1 year validity if 14 days notice is given, we may allow rescheduling at our discretion if availability allows and at least 7 days notice is given.
Departure Dates & Times
Christmas lights are available to view from the 1st of December until the 8th of January.
There are two hire sessions available to book 7pm-8:30pm and 8:45pm-10:15pm.
If you would like a longer hire you can choose to go for 3 hours and take both session 7pm-10pm or leave earlier on the first session and go 6pm-8:30pm
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your hire time to come into the office. We need to sight your RST (recreational Skippers ticket) & drivers license this will allow you to have your full hire time. If you depart late, you must still return on time or you will lose your bond.
Please note it doesn't get dark until 7:30pm the earlier time 6pm-8:30pm pricing is an early bird special as it will be light for the first part of hire.
Pricing and Bookings
See all pricing and book online here: https://mandurahboathire.com.au/boat-hire/mandurah-christmas-lights